Friday, September 07, 2007

Trash Africa?

Tunisia will always hold so many memories for me, but above all it will always be the place that I first saw non-alcoholic Stella. It's not that alcohol is banned in Tunisia, it's just that it's not an alcohol-based culture. When the shops sell "cocktails," they're actually just a cocktail of fruit juices. If anyone wants to make a mint, set up a juice bar chain in the Arab world. The result of all this is that I didn't drink any alcohol in the month I was there, and instead poisoned my body with impossible amounts of caffeine and sugar. I arrived back in Palermo this morning, and for lunch I had seafood pasta and a piccola birra Moretti. It was good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

sif anyone posts here anymore, even I don't check the site. Don't post comments either - I just don't beleive in it.

12/9/07 1:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home